Clabbe

Re-drill brake discs? Who does it?

I have had so much help through this forum it is amazing! Thx everyone..

Now I need to find someone who can re-drill brake discs.

I bought Type R brakes/discs that are 5x114.3 and mine is 4x100 so need to have them re-drilled according to the attached pics.

Anyone have any recommendations on this?

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

Редактирано от Clabbe

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Are you sure this is not going to cause disbalance to the discs?

• Нагоре 1

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Don't know about him,but i am a 100% sure!How come redrilling cause disbalancing ;)

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

На координатна машина би трябвало да стане без проблем.

• Нагоре 2

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

How would this unbalance the disc?

Are you thinking of the extra mass that is removed when drilling and the rotation force?

As the disc is centered on the hub that wouldn´t be a problem really, as well as it is centered by the screws

• Нагоре 2

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове
Отговорено (Редактирано)

Well, how do you expect this to be done? You first need this calculated by machine, and after that also drilled by machine. From your point of you it is removing "extra" weight, but it came like that out of the factory, so it is not extra weight you are removing.

Another thing is that you are drilling wholes that are not designed to be there, which could weaken the strength of the disc.

If you are about to do such hardware work you need someone with very good equipment, who can work with such equipment.

If anyone knows such let's share it, I don't.

Dragi4, it is not re-drilling, but additional drilling, it requires additonal wholes to the already existing ones. Do you think it can be done manually and keep the balance and strength of the disc strucure?

Редактирано от crown_bg

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

I´ve spoken to a few of my old Колега from the Honda club back in Sweden.

Mainly with those who drive a lot of track with their daily or race cars.

And they have all said the same - There is not a problem to re-drill brake discs in terms of strength or risk for cracking and you can do it by hand.

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

There are many machine shops which could do this in Sofia.

However, a better option would be to find big 4x100mm discs, like Ibiza Cupra R has 300 or 305mm, Renault Scenic 2.0 turbo has 300mm, also the Minis have HUGE discs 295 or so, and their PCD is also 64 which could be a straight fit. 

Have a search on the Brembo website, you could search by dimensions 

http://www.bremboaftermarket.com/En/Car_Disc_Catalogue/Catalogue_Search.aspx?SearchMode=Size

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Crown-bg,i did it many times but never said manually.....

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Yes, cheapest and easiest would be to get Scenic discs, more models than the 2.0 turbo, has 300mm discs and the thickness closest to the FN discs.

Only difference would be that the PCD is 61 so would need to lathing it up to 64.2 as well as I would need to compensate for the offset difference.

But I would need recommendation on workshops in Sofia that could help me with either re-drilling (which I would be able to do myself if I got hold of a pillar drill) or to lathing up the Scenic discs..

As I ave noticed, there is a lot of shit places that does a shitty job, unfortunately

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Mini discs would work as well.. the only question I have there is that they are a bit thinner than OEM discs.

22-20mm against the OEM which is 25-23mm, how would that impact the brake power?

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове
Отговорено (Редактирано)

Thinner should deform easier when frequent and a lot of pressure is exersied over it. Thinner heats up quicker than thicker one, but also dissipates heat quicker. You can check with Dunev Motorspsorts. They are equipped with up-to-date machines, but charge above average. I already recommended you Dunev for the shock absorbers issue you are experiencing.

If Dunev cannot help you with drilling your discs, just search for "стругар" or "фрезист" or "студена обработка на метали" in Sofia of course. Once you get in touch with such person you can explain what exactly you need done.

Редактирано от crown_bg

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Thx for the recommendation.. Will check with them tomorrow.

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Checked with Dunev and unfortunately they could not help me as they don´t have a pillar drill.. But I got a name and address of a guy who could do it  :)

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Great, do not forget to share the result later :).

Сподели публикацията

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Създайте нов акаунт или се впишете, за да коментирате

За да коментирате, трябва да имате регистрация

Създайте акаунт

Присъединете се към нашата общност. Регистрацията става бързо!

Регистрация на нов акаунт

Вход

Имате акаунт? Впишете се оттук.

Вписване

• Потребители разглеждащи страницата   0 потребители

No registered users viewing this page.

• Предстоящи събития

No upcoming events found
  • Създай нов...